Get Clients with Compelling Copywriting
The copy you write for your website, flyers, sales letters, business cards, and other materials has to be compelling in order to get clients into your sales and marketing funnels. To pull clients towards you, rather than chasing them away, you must have copy that compels readers to take action.
While copywriting is a huge topic and involves more detail than we will discuss here, there are a few dos and don’ts to keep in mind if you want to write copy that creates a compelling offer.
- Have each page of copy focus on one call to action only.
- Write all web copy with your Keyword Research (for SEO and motivating clients to buy) in mind.
- Use your tag line on EVERYTHING.
- Keep your copy benefit-driven. It’s about your clients, not you! Make it simple to understand what the CLIENT gets out of it.
- Explain the problem clients are having and how you solve it.
- Let readers know you understand their pain.
- Include your Unique Selling Proposition.
- Write the copy for your ideal clients and no one else.
- Create a sense of urgency. You could do this by including a deadline or limiting the number of people who can partake in your offer.
- Include social proof.
- Clearly define benefits.
- Explain features.
- Use simple language.
- Don’t use industry jargon.
- Don’t write hyped-up copy.
- Don’t write/talk at people; write/talk to them.
- Don’t purchase pre-written “stock” copy. If you’re going to have someone else write your copy, it should be customized.